I am pretty physically active. I walk / run on my treadmill or outside 3-5 times a week, and I lift weights using a regimen my husband made for me. This works well for me, but I thought change would be nice. I decided I would give my workout a little variety, spice it up a bit.
Many people I know have been talking about Jillian Michaels – 30 Day Shred, so I checked it out. Jillian Michaels is touted to be “TV’s toughest Trainer” from the hit TV show The Biggest Loser. She has personally struggled with her own weight in the past. She conquered it with determination, dedication, and hard work. Now, Jillian teaches others how to do the same; eat right, lose weight, and become fit.
Well, my first 10 days went well. This is a very intense workout.
What you will need:
Jillian Michaels – 30 Day Shred DVD
2 3 to 5 pound hand weights
What I liked:
- There are 2 levels of intensity / impact / difficulty to follow.
- The workout is based on the 3-2-1 method: 3 minutes strength, 2 minutes cardio, 1 minute abs.
- The exercises work multiple muscle groups at the same time (you get more from your workout).
- The moves are easy, they include jumping jacks, push-ups, and crunches.
- Jillian explains what to do and not to do in the workout to avoid injuries and get the most from your workout.
- She moves quickly from one exercise to the next, so you get an intense workout in just 20 minutes.
- Jillian is very motivational when she talks to you, she makes you want to go on and get fit.
Jillian Michaels – 30 Day Shred can help anyone get in shape from the beginner to the advanced. This workout is powerful and will change your body. I think it would have been a little more difficult to stick to if I wasn’t already active, but a nice challenge for anyone who wants to get fit. It is agreat way to spice up and old routine and work some new muscle groups. I feel stronger after only 10 days, I can’t wait to find out what happens after 30.
After the first day my muscles were a little shaky, so I went ahead and walked my usual 2 miles on the treadmill. The next day I was just a little sore. On day 2 I didn’t take the time to walk on the treadmill and my muscles were extremely sore later that day. So, for the rest of the days I took the time to at least walk 15-30 minutes on the treadmill or outside. This made a huge difference.
So, now on to the next level… look for a review in the future of level 2 of Jillian Michaels – 30 Day Shred.
The 30 Day Shred and other Fitness DVDs by Jillian Michaels:
Other items in this post: